10 Family Things to Do in Phuket
Phuket is a vast tropical destination for everyone, including families that are immigrating with kids to Thailand. And one of the main concerns of a parent when moving to any location is:
- Where to live?
- Are there any international schools?
- Are there any convenience stores nearby that offers international products?
- What are the activities that my kids can do on the weekends?
And the list goes on. Here we will cover what are the family activities available on this paradise island, Phuket?
The host of activities varies to taste and age, so there’s something for every child to engage in. Many activities even provide professional supervision, so parents and guardians can enjoy some time for themselves. If you are looking for activities that your children can enjoy in Phuket, check out this list.
1. Splash Jungle Water Park
Splash Jungle Water Park in Mai Khao Beach is the ultimate water park in southern Thailand. With various attractions that include 12 exhilarating water slides, a wave pool, water play area with professional lifeguards on standby, plus a restaurant and swim-up bar. A day at the Splash Jungle Water Park will prove to be an exciting one, especially for the kids.
Opening Hours: Daily, 10 AM – 5:45 PM
Cost: Adults THB 1,295 (US$ 40), Kids THB 650 (US$ 20)
2. Blue Tree Water Park
Blue Tree Phuket water park is a new and immense playground designed for adults and kids to spend a day of fun in the warm waters of a tropical island. With its multicolor and brightly decorated building, the park is easy to spot on the roadside of Cherngtalay, halfway between Bangtao beach and the well-known heroine’s circle. This 17,000 square meters lagoon is gigantic, with an impressive restaurant building and a vast array of water activities, water slides, zip lines, and paddleboards.
Opening Hours: Daily, 7 AM – 11 PM
Cost: Adults, THB 950 Kids THB 350
3. Rawai Park
Amazing kids park in Phuket with a spacious kids club and outdoor playgrounds. The waterpark is safe for kids that love to use the slides, there is also a family restaurant. Rawai Park is a must-visit family destination in southern Phuket.
Opening Hours: 9 AM – 8 PM
4. Dinosea Water Park
Open now the new water park of lush tropical garden by the sea. Come experience the fun reasserted the whole family. Everyone can enjoy the large swimming pool player. Indulge in a pond Onsen. With many exciting activities throughout the day.
Opening Hours: Daily, 11 AM – 9 PM
FAMILY OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES:
1. Vanich Farm
The activities of the agro-edutainment tour include showing all facilities, including the production of corn milk, green cornfields, and traditional rice paddy fields. Among the outdoor learning experiences available for kids and teens are the opportunities to harvest their own vegetables, giving them a real sense of the journey from land to the table. The emphasis is on hand-on experiences of Thai-style crop production and harvesting methods, allowing children to soak up the culture and lifestyle that goes with them.
Opening Hours: Daily, 10 AM – 6 PM
2. Water Sports – Snorkeling, SUP
- Snorkeling is a wonderful water sport in Phuket, to start with. If you haven’t tried this super fun activity before, give it a try here. With spectacular coral reefs and colorful marine life, one can enjoy a fascinating time in the calm water of the Andaman Sea.
Adventure level: Easy
Where to try: Patong in Kathu, Ao Sane, Kata Noi, and Paradise Beach
Swimming required: No
Cost: Starting from THB 100 per person
Best season: November to April
- Stand up, paddling is a prevalent adventure activity in Phuket. You can choose any time between 9 AM and 6 PM to go paddling in the waters of the Andaman sea. You can rent a well-equipped paddleboard or bring yours along, though the former would be convenient. Age is no bar when it comes to paddling. You’ll see ten-year-olds and forty-year-olds paddling side by side.
Swimming required: Yes
Cost: Starting from THB 200 per person.
Best season: May to June
3. Thai Muang Turtle Sanctuary
The Thai Muang Turtle Sanctuary is an excellent destination for people who are genuinely interested in the wonders of wildlife and turtle conservation. People who want to learn about the majestic turtles of the Andaman Sea can stop by the Thai Muang Turtle Sanctuary for an enriching experience that also happens to be extremely informative. People can visit this sanctuary daily. Admission is also completely free.
4. Beaches Ideal for Families
If you are living in Phuket with children, it is essential to know the right beaches to ensure that everyone has a fantastic time.
- Bangtao Beach; The beach – the second-longest on Phuket – itself has a great mix of facilities to entertain parents and children alike. Including Sun loungers on the beach, excellent restaurants, and a great choice of family-friendly activities.
- Layan Beach; Most people who visit this superb beach are Thais and expats, and it all looks the same as it used to 20 years ago. The sea is pretty calm here because the beach is sheltered by Koh Kala – a small island located in its northern part. The restaurant serves good and fair-priced Thai and western food and is a beautiful place to enjoy lunch or a sundowner. Behind the beach, you find a small pier with long-tail and fishing boats along a small river leading to a lagoon situated north of Koh Kala. Here, you can rent a sea kayak at the restaurant and go around Koh Kala and the lagoon.
- Nai Thon Beach, Nai Thon is a beautiful stretch of sand that, for reasons unknown, has been overlooked by large resort developers. Thus, it’s an ideal spot to get away from the crowds and enjoy a quiet swim. Activities enjoyed while staying here include exploring rocky coves only accessible by long-tail boat. And scuba diving, which can be arranged by the dive shop on the Beach Road.
FAMILY INDOOR ACTIVITIES DURING RAINY DAYS:
1. Phuket Aquarium
A tropical island vacation wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t see any marine life. The Phuket Aquarium in Cape Panwa is another fun place that the entire family can spend hours. The aquarium is recently renovated and is home to thousands of tropical, colorful and exotic marine creatures with beautiful coral reef displays. The aquarium also features an underwater tunnel and touch pool, so children can get up close and personal to sea life that they’ve never seen before.
Opening Hours: Daily, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Cost: Adults THB 180 (US$ 5), Kids THB 100 (US$ 3)
2. Carnival Magic
Carnival Magic is the very first Thai Carnival Park, celebrating the rich cultural heritage found in the many traditional festivals, carnivals, and market fairs throughout Thailand. Inspired by exotic carnival celebrations from around the world, Carnival Magic presents an evening of celebration, perfect for families of any size with kids of any age.
Not only the above, there are many more than just these 10 things above to do such as:
- Mini golf
- Ice Skating Rink
- Bowling Alleys
- Zoos and Animal Farms (for those seeking these type of activities)
- Canoeing / Kayaking
- Island hopping / Day Visits
- Kids Club
- Local Funfairs